A large coalition of objectors and amici led by the EFF have sent a letter to the court requesting a set of procedural protections once the parties present a revised version of the settlement:
- A chance to comment on the parties’ proposed schedule for opt-outs and objections and the fairness hearing before the court issues an order for preliminary approval.
- Required translations of the original settlement and the amendments.
- “Robust” notice to the class of the changes.
- No restrictions on the scope of objections or comments.
- An explicit assurance that any responses already filed need not be filed again.