- Terrorists have specific goals.
- Killing civilians is a means to those goals.
- Correspondent inference bias leads people to the incorrect belief that killing civilians is the goal, rather than a means to one.
- Ergo, terrorists’ stated goals are just lies that shouldn’t be taken seriously. Because people think that terrorists want to kill civilians, they ignore the terrorists’ actual goals.
- Result: terrorists don’t achieve their actual goals.
It explains so much. Everyone is wrong about everything.
UPDATE: Steven’s suggestion on how to phrase #4 is much better.